Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Despite the ever-growing importance of science in my daily lives, recent research shows a continuous decline in the number of students who choose to study scientific subjects in high school and to later pursue scientific careers Palmer, D. (2005). While to date only a relatively small body of work has been devoted to assessing the attitudes of primary school students towards the learning of science Neathery, M. F. (1997)., as early as three decades ago researchers showed that age 8-13 is a crucial period in the development of attitudes towards science Osborne, J., & Collins, S. (2001). Further research showed that a positive attitude towards science significantly impacts motivation to learn it, both in school and in other educational frameworks, and that attitudes developed in primary school influence the choices of students later in their life Palmer, D. (2005). This study therefore assesses the attitudes of primary school students towards learning science, attempting both to characterize their science-education experience, and to identify the central components that influence their perception of it. One element it examines in this context is gender, and the manner and extent to which it may influence students' experience of science, even at such an early age.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
1.3 Purpose of the Study
To examine the attitude of primary pupils towards learning science subject
To examine the effect of instructional materials on the motivation of learning science
To examine factors militating against pupils attitude towards learning science subject
1.4 Research Questions
What is the effect of the attitude of primary pupils towards learning science subject?
What is the effect of availability instructional materials on the motivation of learning science?
What are the factors militating against pupils attitude towards learning science subject?
There is no significant relationship between the attitudes of primary pupils towards learning science subject
There is no significant relationship between instructional materials on the motivation of learning science
There is no significant relationship between factors militating against pupils attitude towards learning science subject
1.6 Significance of the study
The significance of the research work is to contribute to the benefit of the students, by way of proving that attitude towards studies could enhance their academic performance in mathematics and basic science.
It will benefit the teachers, by way of putting up a new attitude to the teaching of mathematics and basic science to enhance the performance of students in mathematics and basic science. It will enable educational planners and policy makers in policies relating to teaching methodology that enhances performance of students in secondary schools. It will also add to the already existing pool of knowledge and serve as a guide for future researchers and the general public to draw there from.
1.7 Scope and Limitation of the Study
The scope of the work covered attitude of primary school pupils towards science subject. One of the limitations of the study is financing which limit the scope into three selected LGAs. Time frame within which the study is to be completed is another limitation of the study.
However, data collected from the field with the instrument is effectively analyzed through descriptive method from which conclusion and recommendations are drawn.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN ASSESSMENT OF ADEQUATE RISK RECOGNITION AND MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIAN INSURANCE COMPANIES (A case study of Leadway Assurance Company. Plc. Kaduna)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Insurance is a security device used by the inured to protect himself against a risk purchased fro...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The non financial sector in Nigeria has improved significantly with improved audit rotation in Ni...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Save the children initiative (2014), estimated general infant mortality rate to be 100 deaths per 1,000 live births for the 2011 2014 period ...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECT OF VALUE ADDED TAX (VAT) ON CONSUMER’S STANDARD OF LIVING (A STUDY OF VAT OFFICE, UYO)» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 INTRODUCTION Tax, the whole world over is a major source of revenue to the government. The major reason why gover...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study analyzed gender stereotype in select Nigerian home videos, specifically with a view to finding out how men and women are stereotype...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Inventory control involves provision for a flow of goods in and out of a business organization. Inventory control improve...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF BANK RECAPITALIZATION ON PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The importance of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the development of national economy of a...Continue Reading »
» The article on this topic (problems of tax collection in Nigeria) is an extract from literature review of the project material. The complete project w...Continue Reading »
9. COST CONTROL IN PRACTICE IN SMALL SCALE ENTERPRISES (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED BAKERIES IN OZORO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study One of the basic feature by which smooth running of an organization could be accomplishes rest of...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION ON ORGANISATION PREFACE (A CASE STUDY OF DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Every morning a nation’s future is born inside a classroom; it is only at the hands of a &l...Continue Reading »