Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Despite the ever-growing importance of science in my daily lives, recent research shows a continuous decline in the number of students who choose to study scientific subjects in high school and to later pursue scientific careers Palmer, D. (2005). While to date only a relatively small body of work has been devoted to assessing the attitudes of primary school students towards the learning of science Neathery, M. F. (1997)., as early as three decades ago researchers showed that age 8-13 is a crucial period in the development of attitudes towards science Osborne, J., & Collins, S. (2001). Further research showed that a positive attitude towards science significantly impacts motivation to learn it, both in school and in other educational frameworks, and that attitudes developed in primary school influence the choices of students later in their life Palmer, D. (2005). This study therefore assesses the attitudes of primary school students towards learning science, attempting both to characterize their science-education experience, and to identify the central components that influence their perception of it. One element it examines in this context is gender, and the manner and extent to which it may influence students' experience of science, even at such an early age.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
1.3 Purpose of the Study
To examine the attitude of primary pupils towards learning science subject
To examine the effect of instructional materials on the motivation of learning science
To examine factors militating against pupils attitude towards learning science subject
1.4 Research Questions
What is the effect of the attitude of primary pupils towards learning science subject?
What is the effect of availability instructional materials on the motivation of learning science?
What are the factors militating against pupils attitude towards learning science subject?
There is no significant relationship between the attitudes of primary pupils towards learning science subject
There is no significant relationship between instructional materials on the motivation of learning science
There is no significant relationship between factors militating against pupils attitude towards learning science subject
1.6 Significance of the study
The significance of the research work is to contribute to the benefit of the students, by way of proving that attitude towards studies could enhance their academic performance in mathematics and basic science.
It will benefit the teachers, by way of putting up a new attitude to the teaching of mathematics and basic science to enhance the performance of students in mathematics and basic science. It will enable educational planners and policy makers in policies relating to teaching methodology that enhances performance of students in secondary schools. It will also add to the already existing pool of knowledge and serve as a guide for future researchers and the general public to draw there from.
1.7 Scope and Limitation of the Study
The scope of the work covered attitude of primary school pupils towards science subject. One of the limitations of the study is financing which limit the scope into three selected LGAs. Time frame within which the study is to be completed is another limitation of the study.
However, data collected from the field with the instrument is effectively analyzed through descriptive method from which conclusion and recommendations are drawn.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF ACCOUNTING STANDARD ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF SMALL SCALE BUSINESS IN AKWA IBOM STATE (A CASE STUDY OF P–MAT TABLE WATER, NKEMBA)» ABSTRACT This study examined the practical impact of accounting standard on the development of small scale business in Akwa Ibom State, with particula...Continue Reading »
2. THE INFLUENCE OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION TOWARD DECISION MAKING IN MANUFACTURING FIRM (A CASE STUDY OF CHAMPION BREWERIES PLC, UYO)» ABSTRACT The research word was set up to investigate the influence or importance of accounting information towards Decision making and its relevance t...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPORTANCE OF COST ACCOUNTING SYSTEM IN MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES. [A CASE STUDY OF NORTHERN CABLE PROCESSING MANUFACTURING CORPORATION (NACACO)]» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Cost accounting is considered as the managerial planning and control activities furnishing management with the necessary ...Continue Reading »
4. IMPACT OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARDS (IFRS) ON SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA» Abstract This study sought to establish the relevance of International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) to small scale enterprises in Nigeria. The ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Financial reports provides an overview of a business profitability and financial condition in bot...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This project is poised at X – raying the degree of “ the role of financial management in a corporate organization”. Making ...Continue Reading »
7. AUTOMATED FORENSIC AUDITING AND FRAUD CONTROL IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF THE ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION, PORTHARCOURT)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Mobile wise geek (2011) defined fraud as a deliberate misrepresentation that causes a form of monetary losses. All of the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research work analyses the prevention child abuse and neglect with parent training: evidence and opportunities. The various form of child...Continue Reading »
9. EVALUATION OF THE EFFECTIVENES OF INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM IN NIGERIAN BANKS. (A STUDY OF DIAMOND BANK)» ABSTRACT This study aimed at evaluating the effectiveness of internal control system in Nigerian banks. To ascertain control activities in banks, to a...Continue Reading »
10. A CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL ACCOUNTING PRACTICES AND REGULATIONS IN NIGERIA ECONOMY (A CASE STUDY OF NIGER MILL CALABAR)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The need for environmental accounting has become the concern and focus of nations and responsible...Continue Reading »