Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project work was undertaken to survey the use of audio visual aids in the teaching and learning of Accounting in some selected secondary school in Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area. To find solution to the problems which gave to undertaking the survey questionnaires were raised to check the availability use and the attitude of teachers towards audio/visual aids in teaching Accounting in the selected secondary school in the local government areas of study. From the findings it was discovered that audio/visual aids are not available in schools therefore teachers teach the various language skills without the required basic aids. Recommendations were therefore made to the appropriate authorities to provide and maintain audio/visual aids in the teaching of accounting so as to enhance the promotion of learning among pupils towards improved yearly performance and daily use.
Teaching and learning activities are interesting when instructional materials are used effectively and efficiently in a classroom-teaching situation. It is necessary for the teacher in the learning of Accounting in Nigeria to use visual aid material as instructional tools in order to make their teaching more interesting that is to arouse the learning interest, sustain their attention for effective learning. But the problem in many secondary schools as elsewhere in Nigeria is that of the instructional material like audio/visuals are not available and even where they are, the teachers do not use them effectively.
The reason for this attitude may be because teachers engage themselves in so many other relevant or irrelevant activities. The desire and haste of some teacher to cover the syllabus or scheme of work instead of making their teaching more meaningful and imparting. Often time some teaching goals depend on material for planning and utilization of instructional material for some teacher the production of instructional material is only for passing their examination the training college and not for actual use in the classroom.
There is also problem of non-availability of audio/visual for which teachers alone may not be blamed. The heads often do not motivate the teacher in terms of providing instructional materials.
Furthermore, most school lack of funds and as a result, they find it difficult to purchase the required audio/visual aid.
Generally, failure to use audio/visual material in the teaching of Accounting result in lack of interest among student in learning activities which affect performance in school and pupils not being able to assimilate lesson at their own rate and pace.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The secondary aim of this study is finding out all about the use of visual aid in teaching of Accounting in some selected secondary schools in Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area, Enugu State.
It is observed that most teachers of Social studies in the secondary school do not use audio/visual aid to promote learning of this crucial subject.
For the purpose of this study, the following questions were posed.
1. Are audio/visual aid provided for use in the teaching of Accounting in school?
2. Is it through the government provision that the aid are made available, or is it the school authority concerned that make the provision?
DELIMITATION OF THE SCOPE OF STUDY
This study was conducted in selected secondary school in Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area Enugu State. For out of all the schools were randomly selected and the schools include.
a. Iwo road grammar school gbongon .
b. Oduduwa grammar school Ile Ife.
c. Anglican secondary commercial grammar school Ile Ife St peter.
d. Anglican grammar school Ile Ife Gbongon Odeomum Grammar School.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Some of the limitation which researcher had to content with in the course of carrying out the study are as follows.
Lack of adequate finance to the project of a satisfactory level of interest.
Inadequate time to cover more number of schools as the available time had the constraint of mainstream course work lecture attendance.
Inadequate source of material for review for owing to non-availability of time to extend the scope of research for such more enriching materials.
In the school under investigation, there was on readily expected cooperation, forth coming from the respective school staff.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this project work is to identify the following.
1. Making teaching and learning more interesting and giving student opportunity to participate.
2. Examining the effect of audio/visual aid material in student’s performance.
3. Identify some of the problem, which inhibit the use of audio/visual materials.
4. Offering suggestion on how effectively and efficiently to with the use of audio/visual material.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this study is to examine the importance of audio/visual aid in the teaching of reading Accounting in secondary schools.
This study will aid in spelling pronunciation and fluency of student in reading
It will suggest meaningful way of handing the aid to bring about positive change in the student-reading pattern. It will also help to suggest relevant aid to be used for each of the class concerned it will as well suggest areas and how to make the aid available to the school that are lacking.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF LEGAL ASSESSMENT ON TENDER OF CONTRACTS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF MINISTERIAL TENDER BOARD UNIT, MINISTRY OF INTERIOR, ABUJA)» Abstract All contracts are built upon the basic premise of the meeting of minds, the idea of assent and agreement as to the same thing. This research ...Continue Reading »
2. PETROLEUM PROFIT TAX AND CAPITAL EXPENDITURE OF THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY ( A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF STUDY For the development and growth of any economy, the provision of basic infrastructure is quite necessa...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0INTRODUCTION 1.01BACKGROUND OF RESEARCH The method of examining the evidence of financial transactions could be traced back to the time...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPORTANCE OF COST ACCOUNTING SYSTEM IN MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES. [A CASE STUDY OF NORTHERN CABLE PROCESSING MANUFACTURING CORPORATION (NACACO)]» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Cost accounting is considered as the managerial planning and control activities furnishing management with the necessary ...Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECT OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS) ON THE QUALITY OF FINANACIAL STATEMENTS ( A STUDY ON FIRST BANK NIGERIA PLC, UYO, AKWA...» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page … … … … … … … … … … … Declaration … … … … … … … … … … … Certification… … ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examined the role of forensic accountant as a panacea to fraud detection adopting some selected quoted companies in Nigeria as my c...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The incidence of fraud and misappropriation of funds in recent time poses a threat to auditing as...Continue Reading »
8. CASH BUDGETING AND THE PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED ENTERPRISES (SMEs): A STUDY OF SELECTED SMEs IN UYO METROPOLIS, AKWA IBOM STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The growth and profitability of business organisations are hinged on the efficient and effective ...Continue Reading »
9. CORPORATE ENVIRONMENTAL REPORTING PRACTICES: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF NIGERIAN AND SOUTH AFRICAN FIRMS» GLOSSARY OF TERMS Accounting: Is seen as the art of recording, classifying and summarising in a significant manner and in terms of money, transactions...Continue Reading »
10. MOTIVATIONAL TOOLS AND THE PRODUCTIVITY OF OFFICE PROFESSIONALS (A Survey of Selected Organization in Kaduna Metropolis)» ABSTRACT This study titled “Motivational tools and the Productivity of Office Professionals” a survey study of selected organization in Ka...Continue Reading »