The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 67 pages long and is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Secondary Data, Data Analysis,Abstract.
Get the complete project »
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
Electronic banking in Nigeria has overtime been viewed by many especially economists as having a lot of implications on the economy of Nigeria and especially the banking sector. Electronic banking has been playing a major role in the economy of Nigeria. This research promises to appraise the implication of electronic banking in Nigerian banks since it has been seen as being a major player in the economy. Electronic banking have long been recognized to play an important role in economic development on the basis of their ability to create liquidity in the economy through financial intermediation between savers and borrowers. It also offers financial services and products that accelerate settlement of transactions and in the process reduce cash intensity in the financial system, encourage banking culture, and catalyses economic growth.
However, for the effective functioning of the financial system, the payment systems must be safe and efficient; otherwise they can be a channel for the transmission of disturbances from one part of the economy or financial system to others. This is why central bank have been active in promoting sound and efficient payments system and in seeking the means to reduce risks associated with the system.
Nigeria historically operated a cash-driven economy particularly in the consumer sector, however the system has witnessed improvements over the years, and particular in recent times has moved from its rudimentary level of the early years of banking business to the current state of sophistication comparable to other economies at the same level of development.
One important reason for financial liberalization and deregulation is the need to develop a good payment system which promotes an appropriate mechanism for efficiency in mobilizing and allocating financial resources in the economy. The payment system occupies an important place in the development of a country economy, infact the level of development of a countries payment system is a reflection of the state or condition of the countries economy.
It is a fact that today a good number of banks cannot use their IT (information technology) infrastructure to adequately deal with their immediate information requirements. Do such banks qualify to be called e-banks?
E-banking is about using the infrastructure of the digital age to create opportunities both local and global. E-banking enables the dramatic covering of transaction cost and the creation of new types of banking opportunities that address the barriers of time and distance. Banking opportunities are local global and immediate in E-banking
The benefit of electronic banking comprises a broad range of functions which includes;
Electronic mail (email) improves communication between individuals, external parties and between banks. The availability of online information provides bankers and customers with a powerful vehicle for research, banks can provide information and services on line, which customer can pay for and receive. Banking processes are made more efficient and cost effective by integrating other aspects of banking operations such as treasure management and financial control.
If banking functions does not require physical interaction it may drive the benefits of electronic banking
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Businesses uses profit as a criteria for the measurement of performance and for efficient allocation of scarce resources. Management in view ...Continue Reading »
110 pages | 25 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
2. THE INFLUENCE OF AUDITOR’S TYPE ON THE QUALITY OF FINANCIAL REPORTS OF MANUFACTURING FIRMS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Over the years, the influence of auditors on financial reports of firms or companies all over the...Continue Reading »
98 pages | 33 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. THE EFFECT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ON ACCOUNTING RECONCILIATION (A CASE STUDY OF THE BANKING INDUSTRY)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The introduction and usage of information and communication technology ideas, techniques, policies an...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 159 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
4. APPLICATION OF BUDGETS AND BUDGETARY CONTROL MEASURES IN A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION: A CASE STUDY OF APOSTOLIC CHURCH, DELTA» 2.1 CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK A budget is can be defined by accountants as “a planned outcome to be generated and for the expenditure to ensure durin...Continue Reading »
76 pages | 173 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
5. AUDIT OF TREASURY SINGLE ACCOUNT IN NIGERIA: A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS BEFORE AND AFTER IMPLEMENTATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The public sector of Nigeria is one of the major contributor to the growth and development in Nig...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 167 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
6. THE IMPACT OF STANDARD COSTING ON PROFITABILITY AND MANAGERIAL EFFECTIVENESS ON A MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY» ABSTRACTThe impact of standard costing on profitability and managerial effectiveness of a manufacturing industry. The standard cost reveals the goals,...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 59 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
7. AN APPRAISAL OF INTERNAL AUDIT FUNCTIONS IN FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS: EVIDENCE FROM UNIVERSITY OF UYO, UYO.» ABSTRACT Internal audit system is very important to any organization whether public or private. This is because it allows for orderliness and efficien...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 69 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
8. THE ROLE OF MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT TO COST CONTROL AND PROFIT PERFORMANCE IN AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF INNOSON NIGERIA LIMITED ENUGU)» ABSTRACTAccountants have been bestowed with the role of providing information to the management regarding the affairs of the organization in particula...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 15 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA LIMITED ABDULLAHI FODIO ROAD BRANCH,SOKOTO) ABSTRACT This research work highlights the result of a research car...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 120 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT Save the children initiative (2014), estimated general infant mortality rate to be 100 deaths per 1,000 live births for the 2011 2014 period ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 49 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING