Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 67 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Secondary Data, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
Electronic banking in Nigeria has overtime been viewed by many especially economists as having a lot of implications on the economy of Nigeria and especially the banking sector. Electronic banking has been playing a major role in the economy of Nigeria. This research promises to appraise the implication of electronic banking in Nigerian banks since it has been seen as being a major player in the economy. Electronic banking have long been recognized to play an important role in economic development on the basis of their ability to create liquidity in the economy through financial intermediation between savers and borrowers. It also offers financial services and products that accelerate settlement of transactions and in the process reduce cash intensity in the financial system, encourage banking culture, and catalyses economic growth.
However, for the effective functioning of the financial system, the payment systems must be safe and efficient; otherwise they can be a channel for the transmission of disturbances from one part of the economy or financial system to others. This is why central bank have been active in promoting sound and efficient payments system and in seeking the means to reduce risks associated with the system.
Nigeria historically operated a cash-driven economy particularly in the consumer sector, however the system has witnessed improvements over the years, and particular in recent times has moved from its rudimentary level of the early years of banking business to the current state of sophistication comparable to other economies at the same level of development.
One important reason for financial liberalization and deregulation is the need to develop a good payment system which promotes an appropriate mechanism for efficiency in mobilizing and allocating financial resources in the economy. The payment system occupies an important place in the development of a country economy, infact the level of development of a countries payment system is a reflection of the state or condition of the countries economy.
It is a fact that today a good number of banks cannot use their IT (information technology) infrastructure to adequately deal with their immediate information requirements. Do such banks qualify to be called e-banks?
E-banking is about using the infrastructure of the digital age to create opportunities both local and global. E-banking enables the dramatic covering of transaction cost and the creation of new types of banking opportunities that address the barriers of time and distance. Banking opportunities are local global and immediate in E-banking
The benefit of electronic banking comprises a broad range of functions which includes;
Electronic mail (email) improves communication between individuals, external parties and between banks. The availability of online information provides bankers and customers with a powerful vehicle for research, banks can provide information and services on line, which customer can pay for and receive. Banking processes are made more efficient and cost effective by integrating other aspects of banking operations such as treasure management and financial control.
If banking functions does not require physical interaction it may drive the benefits of electronic banking
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Fraud in the Nigerian banking institution in seen by people as an enemy, moreover on their own assets even when they themselves are cleaver f...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF CAPITAL MARKET ON ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF AKWA IBOM STATE (A STUDY OF NIGERIA STOCK EXCHANGE, UYO)» TABLE OF CONTENTS Cover Page Title Page Certification Dedication Acknowledgment Abstract Table of Content Chapter One: Introduction 1.1 Background of ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work deals with the challenges of internal audit function in the Nigerian public sector with reference to Kaduna state ministry...Continue Reading »
4. ASSESSMENT THE DEGREE OF EFFECTIVENESS OF OUTSOURCED FACILITY MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA OIL AND GAS FIRMS OF THE DOWNSTREAM SECTOR USING USER SATISFACTION...» ABSTRACT The Oil and Gas industry continues to struggle in finding a balance between rising global demand, diminishing known resources and in maintain...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE IN THE GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIAN ECONOMY (A CASE STUDY OF STOCK EXCHANGE MARKET ONITSHA BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The capital market exists primarily to facilitate funds mobilization and allocation in an economy...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Soy yoghurt was prepared using soy milk as a base and banana flavour fruit juice as a supplement. Three different samples were made by blendi...Continue Reading »
7. THE ROLE OF ACCOUNTANT IN A CORPORATE FINANCIAL ORGANISATION CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA (ADO BRANCH) ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Corporate Financial organizations are setup with the principal objective of creating wealth for ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of the study According to Fadzil et al (2005), the technology revolution in accounting and auditing began in th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Increase domestic investment is a sine qua non to the economic growth of the Nigerian economy. Thus, this study examines the impact of domest...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Investors all over the world put their money into a business with a view to having some return on...Continue Reading »