Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 67 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Secondary Data, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
Electronic banking in Nigeria has overtime been viewed by many especially economists as having a lot of implications on the economy of Nigeria and especially the banking sector. Electronic banking has been playing a major role in the economy of Nigeria. This research promises to appraise the implication of electronic banking in Nigerian banks since it has been seen as being a major player in the economy. Electronic banking have long been recognized to play an important role in economic development on the basis of their ability to create liquidity in the economy through financial intermediation between savers and borrowers. It also offers financial services and products that accelerate settlement of transactions and in the process reduce cash intensity in the financial system, encourage banking culture, and catalyses economic growth.
However, for the effective functioning of the financial system, the payment systems must be safe and efficient; otherwise they can be a channel for the transmission of disturbances from one part of the economy or financial system to others. This is why central bank have been active in promoting sound and efficient payments system and in seeking the means to reduce risks associated with the system.
Nigeria historically operated a cash-driven economy particularly in the consumer sector, however the system has witnessed improvements over the years, and particular in recent times has moved from its rudimentary level of the early years of banking business to the current state of sophistication comparable to other economies at the same level of development.
One important reason for financial liberalization and deregulation is the need to develop a good payment system which promotes an appropriate mechanism for efficiency in mobilizing and allocating financial resources in the economy. The payment system occupies an important place in the development of a country economy, infact the level of development of a countries payment system is a reflection of the state or condition of the countries economy.
It is a fact that today a good number of banks cannot use their IT (information technology) infrastructure to adequately deal with their immediate information requirements. Do such banks qualify to be called e-banks?
E-banking is about using the infrastructure of the digital age to create opportunities both local and global. E-banking enables the dramatic covering of transaction cost and the creation of new types of banking opportunities that address the barriers of time and distance. Banking opportunities are local global and immediate in E-banking
The benefit of electronic banking comprises a broad range of functions which includes;
Electronic mail (email) improves communication between individuals, external parties and between banks. The availability of online information provides bankers and customers with a powerful vehicle for research, banks can provide information and services on line, which customer can pay for and receive. Banking processes are made more efficient and cost effective by integrating other aspects of banking operations such as treasure management and financial control.
If banking functions does not require physical interaction it may drive the benefits of electronic banking
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The consolidation of banks has been the major policy instrument being adopted in correcting defic...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Internal control system is the strength of every organization, has become of paramount important ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Electronic banking has become one of the most important and modern applications that has witnessed a substantial expansion during the ten yea...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF COMMERCIAL BANK ON SMALL BUSINESS FINANCING IN KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT, KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In developing countries like Nigeria small scale businesses serves as the foundation upon which i...Continue Reading »
5. INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM AS A BASIS OF FRAUD PREVENTION AND CONTROL IN NIGERIA FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC ENUGU ...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY It is feared that the inability of management to ensure effective enforcement of rules and regulation...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY.At independence, Nigeria joined the committee of nation with the hope for a better tomorrow. We...Continue Reading »
7. ASSESSMENT OF BANKING HABITS OF UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF BENIN AND AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY STUDENTS)» ABSTRACT This research work, assessing the impact of information technology an inventory control in oil and gas sector. This study is focused on Kadun...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPACT OF ENTREPRENURSHIP ON ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A Case Study of Solat Manufacturing Company, Ibadan)» ABSTRACT The impact of entrepreneurship on economic development in Nigeria. This case study is to examine the effect of the impact of entrepreneurship...Continue Reading »
» ABTRACT Corporate organizations owe a duty to fully disclose matters concerning their operations so as to aid investors in making investment decisions...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The non financial sector in Nigeria has improved significantly with improved audit rotation in Ni...Continue Reading »