Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 75 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
In the past and even up till now accounting processes are done manually through the use of separate ledgers to record financial transactions, it involves the use of books, supporting documents and papers to prepare financial statement. In a sole proprietorship that is probably developing, there might be minimal errors but for a large organisation, these errors are likely not to be easily detected or can be unknown for a long period of time which could affect the company on the long run. Over the years, through gradual changes, Accounting information system has been introduced which impacts the ways in which accounts are been prepared now. Information system has changed the way accounting tasks are processed; the green paper days are gone and businesses now have a centralized place where all accounting transactions are entered and saved as there is no need for cumulating large and long columns and searching for paper journals where an accounting computer software can perform all of these tasks.
Most organisations spend a huge amount of money on information system. As a result, this has cause budget to increase overtime. The essence of information system on organisation is for them to perform their work effectively. A major role that it plays is that it aids decision making in an organisation.
Decision making focuses on the evaluation of two or more alternatives which leads eventually to a final choice. Accounting information on the other hand deals with the process of identifying, measuring and communicating economic information to permit informed judgments and decisions by the users of the information.“Onaolapo and Odetayo (2012) identify accounting as the language of business as it records all transactions of an individual firms or bodies that can be expressed in monetary terms”. Professional accountants occupy very key and important position in the business world today.
This makes accountants involved in the decision making process of a corporate organisation; the decision is based on relevant financial information and non-financial information. The American Accounting association defines accounting information system as a subset of information system that produces many amounts of data that can be used by the decision makers within and outside the organisation. Reliable, timely and correct accounting information plays a vital role in the management decision making and information technology is important for accounting information system for proving quality information.
According to Huber (1990), it was emphased that automated accounting information system aids decision making for management of organisation. This simply implies that accounting information also deals with accuracy and speed so as to make needed information available at an appropriate time and manner.
This study is focused on the financial health performance of selected organisations and how the adoption of accounting information system has affected company‟s performance.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The implementation of accounting information system is to produce timely, relevant and accurate information in order to aid organizational performance and to give an upper hand in the market environment. Many companies are beginning to consider and adopt accounting information system for their financial accounting and their reporting. However, as important and as useful as accounting information system is, some companies are not even aware about this information system and some organisations are not even ready to shift from the old accounting system to the new one. Also, improved organizational performance of the company is not still achieved and their business activity decisions are still unprofitable. This generate question which the research work seek to address such as; how has AIS
help to improve the profitability? Does accounting information system even have any effect on company‟s performance? To those organisations that have adopted accounting information system, Is there any relationship between accounting information system and organizational performance?
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
This research work aims at examining the effect accounting information has on company performance.
The specific objectives are to:
i. To identify the relationship between accounting information system and the profit level of the organization if any.
ii. To identify whether there is any relationship between Accounting Information system and organizational performance
iii. To examine if accounting information system delivers accurate and timely information so as to enhance the organizational performance.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The research questions which this study seeks to provide answers to are presented below:
· Is there any relationship between accounting information system and the profit level of the organisation?
· Is there any relationship between accounting information system and organizational performance?
· Does accounting information system deliver accurate and timely information to enhance organizational performance?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
Ho: There is no relationship between accounting information system and the profit level of an organisation
H1: There is a relationship between accounting information system and the profit level of an organisation
Ho: There is no relationship between accounting information system and organizational performance.
H1: There is a relationship between accounting information system and organizational performance.
Ho: Accounting information does not deliver accurate and timely information that enhance organizational performance.
H1: Accounting information delivers accurate and timely information that enhance organizational performance.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Decision making can be viewed as the very fabric of which organized activities are made. This partly depends on the amount of information sup...Continue Reading »
2. FORENSIC ACCOUNTING: AN AID TO FRAUD DETECTION, PREVENTION AND CONTROL IN NIGERIA A STUDY OF ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION (EFCC), UYO» ABSTRACTS Foodborne diseases remain a major cause of morbidity and mortality in the general population, particularly in vulnerable groups. These disea...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND OF STUDY Budgeting can be traced to the 18th century period when it was used to check the powers of the ki...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Exchange rate tends to be paramount to every country because it contributes to the economic devel...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECTIVENESS OF INVENTORY MANAGEMENT IN A MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A Case Study Of Ama Greenfield Breweries Plc, Enugu, Nigeria)» ABSTRACT This study examines the essence of effective inventories control and management to manufacturing companies with particular emphasis on Ama Gr...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION INTRODUCTION The world of study is full of discoveries and innovations. Through intensive question and enquires. The ...Continue Reading »
7. THE NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE, GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT IN THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY (A CASE STUDY OF STOCK EXCHANGE MARKET BENIN BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The capital market exists primarily to facilitate funds mobilization and allocation in an economy...Continue Reading »
8. INVENTORY CONTROL AS AN EFFECTIVE TOOL FOR COST CONTROL IN AN ORGANISATION (A CASE STUDY OF CADBURY NIGERIA PLC).» ABSTRACT Installation of underground pipes to network the water supply from the borehole to specific point that is soil lab and department main buildi...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF INTERNAL AUDIT ON THE PERFORMANCE OF THE PRIVATE FIRM : A STUDY OF M. B ANAMCO LTD, EMENE ENUGU STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study Internal audit is a management tool used in ensuring transparency in conduct ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The Accountability and transparency has been critical issue in financial management of local gove...Continue Reading »