Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This work is aimed at the production of laundry starch, using locally sourced raw material (cassava tuber), by extraction of the starch granules from the tubers, 80kg of the harvested fresh cassava tubers were peeled and washed twice to remove dirt and earth. The peeled cassava tubers were re-weighed. 75kg of the peeled tubers was grated manually using a locally made grater to form mash. Clean tap water was added to the mash and stirred. The mixture was sieved off using a mash of 0.25vm in the water to remove the long fibres. The filtrate was allowed to sediment for two hours, the supernatant was then decanted, esterifies to deodourize it and dried at normal temperature of 300C under the sun for 3 days. Another batch was dried at 550C in the oven. The laundry starch extracted was whitish and powdery in nature.
The comparism of the physical chemical characteristics of local and the imported laundry starch such as the colour, crispness and easy flow ironing was found out to be the same. The starch when applied to the fabric and ironed was very smooth, this therefore recommends that good patronage will lead to the emergence of small scale industries which will give employment to many jobless youths and equally generate revenue for the country.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content
1.2 Nature of laundry starch
1.3 Aims and objectives of study
1.4 Statement of problem
1.6 Significances of study
1.7 Limitations of work
2.0 LITERATURE REVIEW
MATERIAL FOR THE PRODUCTION
3.3 Chart for cassava starch processing
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SCIENCE LAB TECHNOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Yoghurt is a fermented milk product, produced with a yoghurt starter culture which is a mixed culture of streptococcus th...Continue Reading »
2. A STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF REPORTED CASES OF SEXUALLY TRANSMITED DISEASE IN THE FEDERAL MEDICAL CENTRE UMUAHIA (F.M.C) FROM 1995 – 2004» ABSTRACT The entire project work/study talks about the full meaning of the STDS. The causes of the sexually transmitted diseases were found out to be ...Continue Reading »
3. PREVALENCE STUDY OF HEPATITIS B (AUSTRALIAN ANTIGEN) AMONG PATIENT IN NATIONAL ORTHOPEDIAE HOSPITAL ENUGU» ABSTRACT The prevalence of viral hepatitis B among patients in National Orthopedic Hospital Enugu was studied. The samples comprised that of men , wom...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY According to Osai Yaw Ababio (1990), new school chemistry, “emulsion is a colloidal sys...Continue Reading »
» Chapter I Abstact The main focus of this study was to determine the antibacterial effect of Neem tree (Azadirachtaindica) leaf extract on Staphylococc...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Water is essential to all forms of life and make up 50 97% by weight of all plants and animal...Continue Reading »
7. ASSESSMENT OF AMBIENT AIR WITHIN THE VICINITY OF A CHARCOAL PRODUCTION SITE IN AMUKPE SAPELE, DELTA STATE» ABSTRACT Air quality continues to be among the top environmental concerns in Nigeria. In nigeria, where majority of the rural population uses charcoal...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVE: Bacterial vaginosis is the most common form of vaginal infection in women of reproductive age. It is a condition wi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction This chapter focuses on the introduction of the study, it presents the background of the study, statement of...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »